Join the Supply Chain North East team along with the National Cyber Security Centre and North East Region Special Operations Unit (NERSOU)
About this Event
We are please to announce we will be running an exciting interactive event in partnership with North East Region Special Operations Unit (NERSOU) and the National Cyber Security Centre.
Along with understanding the impacts of cyber security threats businesses can find out more on the support available to prevent and mitigate potential risks.
Key stats from The latest Cyber Breaches Survey
- 39% of businesses and 26% of charities reported breaches or attacks in the last 12 months - higher among medium, large businesses and high-income charities.
- Breaches reported with material outcomes have been averaged costs at £8460 (higher at £13,400 for medium and large firms).
- A total of 14% of businesses train staff on cyber security and 20% have tested their staff response, for example with mock phishing exercises.
- Among those identifying breaches or attacks, 85% of medium /91% of large organisations had phishing attacks, 56% of medium /63% of large organisations were impersonated and 14% of medium /17% of large organisations had malware (including ransomware).
The event will cover; (tentative)
- Introductions and headlines on Cyber Security breaches/ incidents.
- Intermediate cyber security (Business Continuity Planning, Risk Analysis, Action Plans)
- Cyber Security interactive exercise
- Supply Chains
- Case Studies
- Cyber Essentials
Businesses who are located within
- County Durham
- South Tyneside
- North Tyneside
Supply Chain North East brings together four key partners to work with over 800 businesses through to 2021, supporting them to identify opportunities in new and existing markets. An integral part of the North East Strategic Economic Plan, that has a vision to create 100,000 more and better jobs between 2014 and 2024. , Supply Chain North East is delivered across the region by RTC North, Generator, North East Automotive Alliance (NEAA) and North East Process Industry Cluster (NEPIC).
Supply Chain North East is a multimillion programme aimed at revolutionising the way SMEs diversify their offering and embrace new markets. The programme has received more than £3m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund, which is part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.